Our team arrived to Houghton on Thursday, June 21, 2018 and within hours they put DRAW in charge of the Volunteer Resource Center Operations. In our three days, we:
- Organized, trained and deployed 1,600 volunteers around Houghton and the surrounding county to serve flood victims (approx. 10,000 total volunteer hours in 3 days)
- Delivered a small load of 50 buckets worth $3,000.
- Had teams work on/complete assistance requests at 160 flooded homes over three days (mostly muck outs, debris removal, and washout cleanup)
- Canvassed every residence in the local area (a couple thousand homes, roughly) to check in and make sure all needs were met.
- Finished 96% of the relief requests for unskilled labor by the time we left Sunday. There are less than 10 projects left for the remaining volunteers this week, out of a couple hundred projects when we started.
- Unloaded/inventoried six semi-trucks of supplies in three days.